Thursday, November 24, 2011

That old man had a tale



Basically this is about something that I have experienced yesterday morning which moved me and made think hell lot of things.
So yesterday morning like any other day I started off to University.As usual I knew I would get late.Don't blame me.Blame these Kingston buses they always arrive late.So I was just waiting in this station for bus.Only then I happened to see an old man arriving.He stood next to me.He might be around 75ish.He was trying to tell me something.But I could not get it firstly so I just preferred to nod my head with a smile.But when I suddenly started staring down I noticed his feet.Those fingers of his feet were bleeding.That's when I started examining him closely I noticed that even his hands were injured and were in a bad state.It was then I started paying attention to whatever he was saying.He told me that all his life he had been striving for the welfare and good future of his children.It was only 2 years that his wife passed away.And his children who were in a really good position now had abandoned him cos he would fall sick all the time and this was getting on their nerves.He told me that he would keep walking on roads and keep travelling not knowing where his destination was.The other day when he kept walking the same way a small accident occurred and he fell down and was left with all those injuries.He didn't even have a single penny with him even to take the minimum first aid.I was moved by whatever he said.It brought tears to my eyes that people have become so selfish that they cant even take good care of their own parents.Its at that time I saw my bus arriving and all I could do is place a 10$ note in his hand and leave with a heavy heart.


Whatever this world has come to :/ I don't care or give a darn if you 're successful or billionaire or famous/celebrity anything.You 're nothing but a successful loser if you cant take care of your parents.That tale of this old man taught me a lesson.All you folks reading this think for yourself.How many times you must have let down your parents who never gave up on you.Even your best friend/boy friend/partner/girl friend/wife/husband/siblings would give up on you but they never would.Even if you cant make them happy at least don't make them cry.Don't abandon them when they are old.That's when they need you the most.Even you would turn old some day nobody is young forever until you are a vampire or something unrealistic.Get a reality check give them hope when they 're down.Even animals are good at this.They never hurt their parents then why have we become like this?

6 comments:

  1. That old man's tale was really sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. It leaves couple of tears in my eyes too. God has designed parents in such a way that they keep praying for their children in any conditions they (parents) are in. But the children could only realize when they experience the same. The cycle goes on.... :(
    Another good piece by the kid, again I loved the genuine expressions. Weldon Kriti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lameass, excellent post. Loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ita a heart touching story...even it creates a mental disturbance in my mind.....why the young gen. in not so happy with their parents while their parents had done everything to make them happy and in return what they accept is that their children must take care of them during their old age and we just think that they are burden on us its not right yaar we all must do smthing so that some difff. can be created we must teach the students from their childhood that parents are like god we must respect them....just we can do is create a group and help the homeless people...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Owwie :(
    This was amazingly written. Remember what I told about connecting to people and all that stuff? See, you're damn good at it. :)
    And I don't know why, why we've become like this *long sigh*
    Take care.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "I don't care" attitude is what generating such old men.
    Unfortunately, parent to child love is much much higher than child to parent love.. in most cases.

    ReplyDelete